Safety Issue 7:
Staying Safe in PUBLIC PLACES
- Vary or change any routine your partner may be familiar with. Change your grocery stores, banks, day care, etc.
- Run errands during the busiest times, and avoid being alone in an isolated place.
- Ask someone you trust walk you to and from your car.
- When possible take someone with you to avoid being alone.
- Carry a safety whistle to alarm others if you are in danger.
- Take a self defense class.
- Program the police, 24-Hour crisis line or a relative or friend on your cell phone. Keep it with you at all times.