Safety Issue 2:
If you have a Protective/ Restraining Order
- Keep your protection order on you at all times.
- Call the police if your partner breaks the protection order in any way.
- Make sure to follow the order because you can be charged for violating a court order.
- Think of alternative ways to keep safe if the police do not respond to your call quickly enough.
- Inform family, friends, neighbors, teachers, daycare providers, etc. that you have a protection order in effect, and give them relevant details (who has custody, when and where visitation takes place, etc.).
- Document any contact you have with the batterer in case you need evidence of harassment in court (dates, times, and involved persons).